Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain - Category: R&D
Scientist (Molecular Biology) (Innovation & Technology Development
Centrient Pharmaceuticals is the leading manufacturer of beta-lactam antibiotics, and a provider of next generation statins and anti-fungals. We produce and sell intermediates, active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished dosage forms.
We stand proudly at the centre of modern healthcare, as a maker of essential and life-saving medicines.
With our commitment to Quality, Reliability and Sustainability at the heart of everything we do, our over 2200 employees work continuously to meet our customers’ needs. We work towards a sustainable future by actively participating in the fight against antimicrobial resistance.
Founded 150 years ago as the ‘Nederlandsche Gist- en Spiritusfabriek’, our company was known as Gist Brocades. Headquartered in Rotterdam (Netherlands), we have production facilities and sales offices in China, India, the Netherlands, Spain, the United States and Mexico. Centrient Pharmaceuticals is wholly owned by Bain Capital Private Equity, a leading global private investment firm.
The Innovation and Technology Development (I&TD) team is expanding capabilities and key competences, with Molecular Biology identified as critical tool to deliver into our innovation journey. The I&TD Scientist, specialist on Molecular Biology, will play a central role within the team to design and execute experimental works in our labs and coordinate and lead relevant works performed by our partners and CROs.
Main activities and responsibilities
Competence Lead Molecular Biology:
- Develop new molecular biology tools to improve fermentation yields by manipulating/designing organisms and enzymes.
- Design protocols to produce the company’s proprietary know-how.
- Experience on data science tools and methods.
Member of I&TD Execution team (interaction with other functions and competences):
- Experience working with fermentation processes from bench to larger scale.
- Experience in Strain Conservation Units design and operation (Master and Working Cell Banks).
- Experience on enzymology.
Scientific direction and Project Management:
- Leading collaborations with partners and CROs with deep understanding of technologies applied.
- Leading and executing experimental works at our labs.
The Ideal Candidate
- PhD on relevant discipline, ideally molecular biology or strain/ enzyme engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience
- Experience in molecular biology and strain development
- Fluent proficiency in English language (written and spoken)
- Adaptable, self-motivated and curious systems thinker
- Results oriented
Terms and reward
We offer a local contract in a challenging, comprehensive, operational environment, with many opportunities for personal input and growth and plenty of discussions with other professionals. The organization is very flat. You have a lot of freedom and responsibility in an open, direct, and informal atmosphere.
Please submit your application before July 15th via the 'apply' button and upload your CV & cover letter in English. We also ask you to include information on your current remuneration. Only applications with CV and Cover Letter will be considered.
For more detailed information about the role and about the Recruitment & Selection process you can contact us via HRSpain@centrient.com We invite you to visit our website www.centrient.com for information about our company.
Reference check procedures are part of the Centrient Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when a reference check is required.