Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain - Category: R&D
Project Manager Officer (Innovation & Technology Development)
Centrient Pharmaceuticals is the leading manufacturer of beta-lactam antibiotics, and a provider of next generation statins and anti-fungals. We produce and sell intermediates, active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished dosage forms.
We stand proudly at the centre of modern healthcare, as a maker of essential and life-saving medicines.
With our commitment to Quality, Reliability and Sustainability at the heart of everything we do, our over 2200 employees work continuously to meet our customers’ needs. We work towards a sustainable future by actively participating in the fight against antimicrobial resistance.
Founded 150 years ago as the ‘Nederlandsche Gist- en Spiritusfabriek’, our company was known as Gist Brocades. Headquartered in Rotterdam (Netherlands), we have production facilities and sales offices in China, India, the Netherlands, Spain, the United States and Mexico. Centrient Pharmaceuticals is wholly owned by Bain Capital Private Equity, a leading global private investment firm.
With a new Project Management Office methodology being implemented in the organization, the Innovation and Technology Development (I&TD) team needs to ensure smooth implementation of such methodology. Project and Program Management has been identified as one critical tool for the success of our innovation efforts, with two main key functions: Ensure optimization in the utilization of our resources and measure size of value creation opportunities and help prioritize among them.
Main activities and responsibilities
Allocate internal resources:
- Evaluate individual skills and project needs to match requests from stakeholders and project needs to team members working on specific projects.
- Measure time allocation and evaluate the performance of our Innovation mechanisms.
Measure and reports PMO value:
- Designs and implement a method to measure size of opportunities, including risks, and continuously evaluate the innovation program value.
- Aligns with Global PMO Manager for harmonizing methodology.
- Ownership of reporting systems.
Contributes to team management and lab operations:
- Closely aligned with our I&TD Labs and People Manager to ensure smooth operations at our labs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline, ideally with scientific / engineering education complemented by PMO trainings
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience preferible in R&D projects (pharma, chemical, food industries...)
- Ideally, GMP and Compliance knowledge at pharma industry and high regulated environment
- Fluent proficiency in English language (written and spoken)
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in a global environment
- Strong communication skills
Terms and reward
We offer a local contract in a challenging, comprehensive, operational environment, with many opportunities for personal input and growth and plenty of discussions with other professionals. The organization is very flat. You have a lot of freedom and responsibility in an open, direct, and informal atmosphere.
Please submit your application before July 4th via the 'apply' button and upload your CV & cover letter in English. We also ask you to include information on your current remuneration. Only applications with CV and Cover Letter will be considered.
For more detailed information about the role and about the Recruitment & Selection process you can contact us via HRSpain@centrient.com We invite you to visit our website www.centrient.com for information about our company.
Reference check procedures are part of the Centrient Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when a reference check is required.